JSR 286 PORTLET SPECIFICATION 2.0 PDF

Version of the Portlet Specification plans to align with J2EE , integrate other new JSRs relevant for the portlet, and align with the WSRP specification V Learn all about the second version of the Java Portlet Specification (JSR ). In Version , the specification and the APIs more than doubled. Version of the Java Portlet Specification extended the capabilities to was approved by the Java Community Process in March as JSR

Author: Nekus Mezirr
Country: France
Language: English (Spanish)
Genre: Personal Growth
Published (Last): 28 July 2005
Pages: 12
PDF File Size: 8.28 Mb
ePub File Size: 15.86 Mb
ISBN: 412-2-35573-557-5
Downloads: 28969
Price: Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]
Uploader: Mezizragore

A Portlets Catalog is a set of portlets that are ready-to-use components for enterprise portals. Views Read Edit View history.

Introduction to JSR / Portlet Specification ~ Liferay Savvy

In addition to these options, specific portlet container implementations may provide their own options. This restriction was done because portlets are aggregated on a page and all concepts that assume that you are the only component on the page are not easily applied to the portlet programming model. Inter portlet communication is mechanism to send or receive data between two portlets.

Extending GenericPortlet has the additional advantage of being able to use annotations for denoting special methods for handling events, processing actions, and rendering a specific portlet mode. How can the portlet get access to these public render parameters? In JSR was added another feature called serving resources with help of this we can serve the images, pdf and other content types to client.

To receive events you need either to extend GenericPortlet or to implement the EventPortlet interface yourself. These hook points, though, come with a cost, especially the request lifecycle listeners, which add significant processing overhead for each request.

  CATALOGUE URMET 2013 PDF

Ideally, set the expiration time to a high value so that the markup is cached for a long time. With the help of Ajax we can avoid render all port,et in page.

Java Portlet Specification

Now, in JSRyou can tell 2866 portlet container that the cache entry can be shared using the cache-scope element in the deployment descriptor. For action URLs, there is also the additional name attribute that allows you to set the javax.

Generic Portlet Development using Liferay Plugins This is one of the good features. JSR is the Java Portlet specification v3.

GenericPortlet also lets you use the following annotations to make dispatching life-cycle calls to specific handler code easier:. In this case, GenericPortlet automatically dispatches to the given JSP, which can then make use of the portlet state information by including the portlet tag library.

Tuesday, April 8, This design point means that all portlets written against the V1.

The Java Community Process(SM) Program – JSRs: Java Specification Requests – detail JSR#

First, you provide the general event definition, and then you reference this definition in the portlet section with tags that specify that the portlet can either receive or send this event. The JSRhowever, stopped at defining the overall UI component model and did not define any means for building integrated composite applications out of these components.

Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. A JSR portlets catalog makes sure that portlets under this catalog may run on any portket Java portal server.

  DALGALARRONDO P.PSICOPATOLOGIA E SEMIOLOGIA DOS TRANSTORNOS MENTAIS PDF

Portlets are pluggable user interface software components that are managed and displayed in a web portalfor example an enterprise portal or a web CMS. About Me Meera Prince.

If, for example, the request to the back-end server takes up 90 percent of the time to render the portlet, it does not make sense to use validation-based caching to save only the remaining 10 percent rendering time. This will help us access portlet from portlett location other portals. This page was last specifcation on 21 Novemberat To be determined by the specifcation group, initial target is to have a working EG by Decembera early public draft beginning ofa public draft by mid and a final version by end of Here Portlets catalog are of use.

As a result of not encoding any state of the page and portlets on the page, you cannot count on getting the current render parameters, portlet mode, or window state in your portlet.

Standard portlet API

Portlets 2 and 3 define that they are able to receive event A in their portlet. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Validation-based caching is useful for situations in which you do not want to recompute the markup of a portlet often because it is an expensive operation. Public render parameters are another porglet in IPC.